Calcutta University CBCS System- Check CU CBCS System/ What is CBCS system in Calcutta University @ caluniv.ac.in
First, candidates can get the short details of University of Calcutta CBCS system, the full details are given below.
- What is Calcutta University CBCS System?
- Calcutta University CBSC System
- Credit and Grade
|Organization Name||University of Calcutta|
|Name of the courses||UG/ PG|
|Category||Calcutta University CBCS Scheme|
What is Calcutta University CBSC System?
In general, the CBCS- Choice Based Credit System is an educational approach that enables the students to learn courses & subjects of their choice. The University of Calcutta follows the CBCS scheme for the semester examination. The CBCS system contains the courses of CC : Core Course, DSE : Discipline Specific Elective, SEC : Skill Enhancement Course, GE : Generic Elective, AECC : Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course and LCC : (only for BA Gen) Language Compulsory Course.
The Core courses are mandatory courses you must study to meet the requirements of your program. A core course must be an academic course that receives high school graduation credit in the following areas of English, mathematics, natural/physical science, social science, foreign language, comparative religion or philosophy. Students of this university has many doubts about What is CBCS system in Calcutta University, Does Calcutta University follow CBCS system for all this doubts candidates have to check this entire page.
If you want to know complete details about Calcutta University Choice Based Credit System you need to visit its official notification, the notification is available on our website (colleges.dailyrecruitment.in).
CU CBCS System
- It is a semesterized system
- Total 6 semesters
- Odd semesters: 1st, 3rd and 5th (July – December)
- Even semesters: 2nd, 4th and 6th (January – June)
- Each semester consists of 15 weeks teaching time
Calcutta University CBCS Credit and Grade System
- Credit means weight
- Every paper has a fixed credit
- It is a number that measures the importance of that paper
- As important as marks or grade
- 1 credit =1 hr/week (Th/Tu)
- 1 credit=2hrs/week (Prac)
- Grade is numerical and alphabetical
- Depends on marks obtained
Modalities of selecting CC by a student of Honours/ General programme
- In case of B.A./B.Sc/B.Mus. Honours programme a student shall have to study 14 Core courses of the Honours Subject as specified for each of the 6 semesters.
- In case of B.Sc. /B.Mus. General Programme a student shall have to study 4 Core Courses of each of the 3 chosen subjects as specified for each of the first 4 Semesters.
- In case of B.A. General programme a student shall have to study 4 Core Courses of each of the 2 chosen subjects as specified for each of the first 4 Semesters. In addition 4 Core Courses to be studied; two courses each from two language subjects: LCC1- English & LCC2- MIL (Bengali/Hindi/Urdu)/Alternative English as specified for each of the last 4 semesters.